You can stretch your diaphragm while on breath hold using a yoga pose called "Uddiyana Bandha". It’s also called abdominal lock or upward lifting lock and it’s a great way to improve flexibility and simulate the feeling of compression during deep dives.
In this pose you are sitting with a straight back.
In order to perform this stretch:
- EXHALE all the air out (active exhale to RV)⠀
- LOCK the throat and hold your breath
- PULL the abdomen under the rib cage (false inhale)
- PAUSE for as much as you can
- RELEASE the abdomen
- INHALE and resume normal breathing
If you need specific training exercises, online coaching and guaranteed results within only 8 weeks, email us your contact details at email@example.com using the title #onlinecoaching and one of our partners/trainers will contact you shortly.